Friday, March 13, 2009

Toastmasters

I'm a part of Toastmasters and one of the roles is Grammarian. It's the role I most often volunteer for. As Grammarian, you get to count how many times people say "Um..." "like" or any other filler word, stops and restarts and any other distracting word usage. At the end of the meeting, I report for everyone's benefit how many times they messed up. So basically, I'm distracted by focusing on all of the errors people make. I get to flex my critiquing muscles.

6 comments:

Randall Sly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randall Sly said...

There’s something really wrong here...um the guy just looks different... oh I know... He’s writing with his left hand... what’s up with that? People don't use their left hand to draw or write anymore... you need to fix that and upload it again.... left hands... huh... what are you trying to do, start a uproar with all the right handed (majority) people... What are you trying to say Glenn? In fact I've seen all of your drawings on you blog, and I have to say there are a lot more left handed characters than right. What happened to equality? Next thing you know, you'll want to take away my job, and then you’ll tell me that I'm no good because the superior left handed people have more rights then we do. Why Glenn... why… we were friends...

The Woman said...

I have wanted to join Toastmasters ever since hearing of it (probably 10 years ago or more). I DREAD public speaking. I'm one of those fear-of-public-speaking-more-than-death people. How long have you belonged? Has it helped?

RAWLS said...

Super work Glenn!! Really nice style my friend!

Juampa said...

Very nice sketch is really ful of live, I love the expression.

Cheers!

Joe Karg said...

So much with so little. Lovely images.

Ciao,
Joe