Monday Movie Studies - INCEPTION. Every Monday Steve Macleod, Ian Abando, Cinzia Angelini, and I get together and scrub through a visually stunning movie and stop every now and then and take a couple of minutes to draw out a thumbnail version of the frame. Lots of fun - the learning/geeking out kind of fun. Nice to be around fellow nerds!!
This is the animated logo at the end of the new television show, Mr. Sunshine. Think "Sit, Ubu. Sit." or "Bad Robot!!" You can see it better quality at http://vimeo.com/20228001 A few months ago I got a call from my friend Matt Davis asking if I would maybe, possibly be somewhat interested in considering working on a logo like that for Matthew Perry. I jumped at the chance. The company is called Anhedonia Productions, and you're probably wondering what in the world "Anhedonia" means. It's the inability to experience pleasurable emotions from normally pleasurable life events. A pretty crappy situation, but comedy goldmine. I worked with Andy Erekson and Marcelo Vignali (and his daughter) to come up with a list of 50 ideas of what this logo could be within the theme that Perry had already set up. I boarded out 7 of those ideas and created 3 animated beta tests. Here are some of my favorites... For exploration: Face on Jumbotron Rodeo Christmas tre...


Comments
http://www.frinble.com/