Skip to main content

Jonas 01

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boss Baby (2017) The Fight in the Airport

Boss Baby and Tim have escaped from the Killer Manny.  They have made it all the way to the airport by bike and Tim has just saved Boss Baby from the dangerous travelling crowd.  They've ALMOST caught up to Tim's parents!  But then THIS happens:

Creating the Anhedonia Logo

This is the animated logo at the end of the new television show, Mr. Sunshine. Think "Sit, Ubu. Sit." or "Bad Robot!!" You can see it better quality at http://vimeo.com/20228001 A few months ago I got a call from my friend Matt Davis asking if I would maybe, possibly be somewhat interested in considering working on a logo like that for Matthew Perry. I jumped at the chance. The company is called Anhedonia Productions, and you're probably wondering what in the world "Anhedonia" means. It's the inability to experience pleasurable emotions from normally pleasurable life events. A pretty crappy situation, but comedy goldmine. I worked with Andy Erekson and Marcelo Vignali (and his daughter) to come up with a list of 50 ideas of what this logo could be within the theme that Perry had already set up. I boarded out 7 of those ideas and created 3 animated beta tests. Here are some of my favorites... For exploration: Face on Jumbotron Rodeo Christmas tre

Sony Story Artist!!!!

I feel like the luckiest person in the world! Just last Monday I was offered a job with Sony Pictures Animation as a Story Artist! Here's a quick run down of how it happened: Monday - Sept 8th Blue Sky Studios got my Layout demo reel Tuesday - Sept 9th I got a call from Blue Sky and a phone interview with the Layout people Thursday - Sept 11th Blue Sky called with an offer! And it was a really good one! I was very pleased with it. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was in the industry and I would have been foolish to not go after it. They let me know they were on a pretty tight schedule and needed to get an answer to them by Monday the 15th. I sent out a bunch of emails - one of which was to an recruiter at Sony Pictures Animation with whom I had been in contact. I asked if she knew of anything going on in Sony with Story positions. She emailed me back quickly and the ball was rolling. Friday - Sept 12th I got a call from this recruiter saying that Sony was